Keep informed about our projects, latest news, appeals and events.
New for 2020: the #GenesisTogether Virtual Cotswold Way Challenge
We’re launching some new virtual challenges, which use technology to track any distance you clock up against a virtual route. Our first challenge will take you on a virtual Cotswold Way, and you can do all 102 miles of it from your living room if that’s what suits. You also have the freedom to choose any method of covering the distance: your usual daily step count, running, cycling, kayaking – anything goes, and you can even mix and match. This handy Activity Conversion Chart will help you to convert time spent doing different exercises into miles towards your total!
Get together with friends or family and join in. You can share your progress, encourage each other to keep going, and you have 6 weeks in which to complete the challenge. If you’re super fit or looking to improve your activity levels, you can do the challenge in as short a time as you’re able.
And as a supporter of Genesis Trust, you can also use the challenge as a means of raising funds for us, helping homeless and vulnerable people in Bath move from crisis to independence.
The Challenge starts on July 20 and runs until August 31, and once you’ve signed up you can use a variety of ways to keep track of your progress: Apple Watch, Strava, Fitbit, Apple Health, Under Armour, and you’ll see your progress as you move along the route.
How to get started
1. Join the Challenge – https://www.myvirtualmission.com/missions/54228/genesistogether-cotswold-way-challenge#
There is a registration fee of £10 and you’ll receive a Genesis Trust trolley coin as well as your registration.
2. It’s not essential, but if you fancy you can download the ‘My Virtual Mission’ app.
3. Set up a fundraising page (optional) – https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/GenesisTogetherVirtualChallengeCotswoldWay
4. Share with family and friends
5. Start the Challenge on 20 Jul. Enter your distances and track along the map.
6. Finish by 31 Aug and celebrate!
7. Feel happier and healthier!
Thank you for taking part!
Been there… done that… got the T-shirt?! Click here to buy one of our new #GenesisTogether T-shirts to wear out on your challenge or to celebrate finishing.